THE BEST VINYL SIDING FOR THE WORST WEATHER
WHEN THE WEATHER TURNS UGLY, VORTEX EXTREME PERFORMS BEAUTIFULLY.
High winds can strike anywhere, in all kinds of storms, with powerful gusts that pull at your siding and threaten your home’s exterior. With the introduction of Variform Vortex Extreme vinyl siding, we’ve engineered a panel designed to fight these threats effectively. Designed in Tornado Alley, Vortex Extreme withstands wind loads up to 225 mph.* It’s the result of what we call “Weather Warrior” Technology – a combination of innovative design, quality materials and a standard of excellence second to none.
WEATHER WARRIOR™ TECHNOLOGY.
MAKE MOTHER NATURE CRY UNCLE.
To develop one of the toughest siding products available, we took the best-known weather technologies out there, engineered them to perform even better and put them all in one siding system. We call this combination of innovative design features Weather Warrior™ Technology. Manufactured to exacting standards and rigorously tested, Weather Warrior Technology protects your home from some of the worst elements Mother Nature can throw at you.
REVERSE ROLL-OVER NAIL HEM
This innovative design allows Vortex Extreme to withstand wind speeds up to 225 mph.*
- Double hem provides a two-layer attachment point for extra holding power
- Circular reinforcement bar on the top of the double nail increases attachment strength and adds rigidity
- Circular reinforcement bar helps prevent nails from being driven too tight, allowing panels to expand and contract without bowing
TRIPLE BOW™ LOCKING SYSTEM
Emulating the curvature of a vortex’s “bow echo”, Vortex Extreme’s panel design offers a “Triple Bow” locking system for maximum wind protection.
- Curled “bow” design of the top lock and bottom lock allows panels to snap tightly into place, providing a secure hold that can withstand tough winds
- The structural channel design within the top locking system adds rigidity, allowing panels to install straight and stay true
- Reinforced bottom lock design adds inter-locking strength where it’s needed most, and locks securely with a reassuring snap-lock sound
“SPRING-LOADED” PROFILE DESIGN HELPS KEEP SEAMS TIGHT
Vortex Extreme’s “spring-loaded” center lap design features an upward reverse angle butt to help hold seams tightly together under pressure on the wall, providing a neat, finished appearance.
- Full ¾″ profile design increases rigidity and stability
- Deep panel projection creates attractive shadow lines
GOOD LOOKS THAT LAST. THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF VORTEX EXTREME™ VINYL SIDING.
While powerful storms pose an immediate threat to your home’s exterior, milder weather can also take a toll over time. Ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause colors to fade. That’s why we use mineral-based pigments sourced from rocks and long-lasting elements. These pigments won’t degrade like colors sourced from plants and other living materials. In addition, every panel is formulated with an ultraviolet blocker to resist fading and reduce heat build up. The result is siding with consistent color that looks great season after season.
THE LOOK OF WOOD WITHOUT THE MAINTENANCE
Natural looking texture replicates the look of split cedar and is designed to reduce dirt build up, making cleaning easy.
A STYLE AND COLOR CHOICE YOU CAN CALL YOUR OWN
Vortex Extreme is available in both traditional and dynamic Scenic Scapes® colors—deep, rich colors that include our dramatic Sedona Red. Choose from Traditional or Dutch Lap styles, each with a deeper panel projection to create an attractive shadow line.
- Available in D4and D5 Traditional Lap and D4.5 Dutch Lap styles
- Available in a wide range of colors including Scenic Scapes® colors with Permahue® technology to resist fading
SUPERIOR PROTECTION FOR YOUR HOME AND INVESTMENT.
When you choose Vortex Extreme™ for your home, you’re getting siding manufactured using the highest quality materials and the highest standard of quality controls. Before we package it, we put it through a 35-point checklist to make sure it meets our exacting standards. We’re so confident Vortex Extreme will perform beautifully for years to come that we offer a Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty that protects against manufacturing defects, excessive color fade and limited hail damage**.
*Tested in accordance with ASTM D5206. Wind speed rating will vary depending on specific code region and construction method. Refer to local building codes for detailed requirements concerning allowable wind loads and specified conversion tables for actual wind speeds.
**Certain limitations apply. See Variform Warranty Brochure for details.